Friday, October 24, 2008

My kiddie kitties...

My cats entertain me. They are unlike any other cats I know. Cats are not supposed to beg for attention from you like dogs. They aren't supposed to be curious and getting into everything. They are supposed to keep to themselves and grace you with their presence when they feel like it. Not mine.

I've probably discussed this before, but it just blows my mind. My cats have to be in whatever room I'm in. When I come home at night, they are waiting at the door for me. When I go to the bathroom, they come with me. I can't get out of the shower without seeing them sitting there and staring at me. When I watch tv they are almost always within 5 feet of me. They don't get in my bed immediately when I got to sleep, but if I don't fall asleep after a few minutes I feel them get into bed. This goes against everything I've ever been told about cats, it's behavior more like dogs. I guess they just really love me. It's so bizarre!

This week they have been bad kitties. They have very much reminded me of my childhood with my brothers, as they have been teasing and chasing each other back and forth across the apartment ALL week! They've been known to do this in the past, but it has never been a constant event over any extended period of time. A few times I have actually watched one hit the other with her paw across the face and then run away. What I wouldn't give to be able to read their minds when they're doing this!

I guess if I'm going to wind up an old cat lady, I'm glad that I have Smokey and Giada who are full of personality to keep me entertained.

No comments: