I was reminded this morning that anything and everything you put on the internet will live on FOR-EV-ER. About 6 years ago now, my brother Jay had a web page called "The Jay Journal". It was very similar to my friend Richey's "Richey Report" where they would post sound clips of them talking about whatever they deemed important at the time and then they'd also put pictures. One day my friend Molly and I decided to "hack" into the Jay Journal, see it was hosted on our local internet provider's site, so I had the password. Given that I dabbled ever-so-briefly with html in high school, I was able to post "Jamie and Molly ROCK the Jay Journal" in the place where Jay's logo originally stood.
Naturally, my actions required retaliation on Jay's part. He took the photo posted below, which is actually from my installation as National Recording Secretary for the Children of the American Revolution (and Molly as National Organizing Secretary), and did a little doctoring to it. The preface of the picture was that he had stumbled onto a secret organization and witnessed the installation of their President and Vice President. The rest kind of speaks for itself.
Apparently my friend Stefan has the oldest computer in the world and posted this picture to facebook this morning. It's made me giggle to remember these fun times!
4 comments:
TOO FUNNY! You look 13!
I was actually 20 when this picture was taken... almost 21! It had been raining all day, so my hair did NOT fare well underneath that hat. Usually our installation is on the lawn of Mount Vernon, but due to rain we were shoved in this tiny auditorium there. Oh, and I probably had 3 hours of sleep before this picture was taken.
Y'all look like The Bush twins.
omg the jay journal and the infamous hacking. i had totally forgotten about that. hilarious.
Post a Comment