We've experienced our first batch of cool weather in the Austin area this week, with overnight lows hitting the upper 50s and the mid-day weather hovering around 80. Rational thought would lead you to believe that this is a mild cool front at the most, especially in the middle of October, but if you looked at how people around the Capitol are dressed you would think we were in for very cool days.
When I walked outside today in my 3/4 length shirt, jeans, and flip flops (comfortable attire for my plane ride later this afternoon), I thought to myself how nice it felt outside, but I wasn't cold in the least. Julie has been talking for weeks about how excited she is to wear fall clothes so I wasn't suprised at all when I walked in to the office this morning to find her wearing a turtleneck, our office is freezing all of the time so it makes sense.
I didn't start poking fun until we made a trip up to the Capitol Grill and I saw some of the Capitol boys sitting and chatting over coffee (this is a daily routine for a few guys I know). Caleb was wearing a Northface fleece and Isaac was wearing a Northface fleece vest. As we walked past them I couldn't help but point out that the high today is going to be near 80, but yet they look like they're ready to face much more severe temperatures. I guess in Texas you have to take whatever cold weather you can get, no matter how mild it might be. At the very least, I was able to giggle this morning at Julie and the boys who are ready for winter... in October.
I'm headed to New Orleans this weekend and can't wait to spend some quality time with Ruth and to visit my little Marie. These girls are two of my favorite people, and I don't get to see them nearly enough. Ruth has needed my friendship lately, and it's been hard to comfort over the phone knowing that you're a time zone apart, so I am thankful that this weekend will allow me to do so in person. I can't believe it's been over a year since I've seen Marie, as I've known her for almost all of her life. She's like a little sister to me, and I'm interested to see how much she has matured as she approaches the end of her college days and prepares to begin life as an adult. I wish everyone else would have been able to make the trip, but we are going to have plenty of fun without them and there's always next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment