Just wanted to share a few funny things from this weekend.
I now know where the term "cat fight" comes from, because Candice and I actually witnessed one on Friday night. I was sitting on the couch, putting on make-up before going out to meet Andrea and Bunker. The mirror I was using was reflecting on the wall and Smokey and Giada were very intrigued by this. They were both sitting on the arm of the couch staring at the wall. Smokey reached out and had her paw on Giada like she was going to stop her from getting this reflection. The next thing I know, Smokey rares back her paw and hits Giada across the face! Giada returns the hit and they begin pawing at each other and didn't stop until I hit them with a pillow. It was was one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed. While I do not have a picture of it, I do have a picture of something else hilarious. Giada LOVES shoes, especially my running shoes. When I get home from boot camp in the evenings and take my shoes off, she likes to cuddle with them. It is so bizarre, just take a look for yourself:

Lately Andrea has been getting the most random pick-up lines. When we were at the Texas/Rice football game, a guy was behind us in line for ice cream and asked her what she got complimented on most: Her eyes or her smile. She told him she wasn't sure, and he said "Well, I like your toes." Andrea had forgotten to paint her toe-nails that morning so she thought this was odd. Friday night we went to Sherlocks to begin her birthday celebration. We were sitting in our booth, minding our own business when this guy walking by stops and tells Andrea that she has the most beautiful black hair. Very random. Here's a picture of us with shots to officially celebrate Andrea's 24th birthday at midnight.
I decided to stop by Banana Republic on my way home from work on Saturday afternoon to see what they had on sale. I wanted to get a cute dress for Andrea's birthday outing that evening. I found a dress that I had liked when it first came out, but hadn't wanted to spend $120 on, and it was a size 4 so I thought I'd give it a shot. I get in the dressing room and get it mostly zipped up when I start having problems. The sales girl helps me zip it up and we decide my bra is just too thick. The dress looks pretty cute, so I decide to get it. After I take it off I glance at the size again and I don't know how I managed to do this, but what I thought was a 4 was actually a 0! That made my afternoon. Here's a pic of my roomie and me in my size 0 dress.
A group of about 20 of us went to dinner at Baby A's to begin Andrea's birthday celebration on Saturday. Andrea had four guy friends from high school who traveled from Lufkin to spend her birthday with her. I didn't recognize any of them (3 of the 4 had big, burly beards), and wasn't that surprised since they are all 4 years younger than me. About half way through dinner I think, well maybe I know an older sibling or something, so I asked Andrea and she went around the table telling me their last names. She gets to Mark and says "Squyres", to which I immediately shout out, "we're cousins!". He hadn't realized that my last name was Durham and that I was Jay's sister and I hadn't realized that he was a Squyres. I also quickly pointed out that he had another cousin at the table, Bunker. Only I could go to dinner with a random group of people and not realize that I was related to one of them... that's how big my family is. Here's a picture of the cousins at Bunker's after dinner.



No comments:
Post a Comment