Friday marked my 8 year anniversary with Bath and Body Works... longest relationship of my life! At this rate, I think I could easily make it to ten years.... I want another present! Apparently, Bath and Body Works awards associates who reach five, ten, fifteen, etc. years of service with a gift. I remember when I was reached my 5 year mark and got a lovely little framed certificate in the mail accompanied by a catalogue for me to choose a gift from. At the time I was needing a new watch so I chose a lovely little silver fossil watch that I have worn all of two times.
I get asked a lot why I still work at BBW. I don't really need the money, though it is nice to have extra spending cash. I like the people I work with, and for the most part I enjoy our customers... even though I work at a ghetto mall. By now, the job doesn't require much thought. I can spout out the key ingredients on cue for most of our products and I've got my explanation of the difference between body lotion and body cream down pat: "Body cream contains advocado oils and fruit enzymes in it which makes it a little thicker in texture and a little more moisturizing to the skin compared to body lotion which contains aloe vera and vitamins c & e. Body cream is perfect if you suffer from dry skin and will work wonders on those problem areas like the bottoms of your feet and elbows."
I also like that having this second job occupies a lot of my free time. While sometimes it can be annoying to have no time to myself (my bedroom and bathroom really suffer from this due to a lack of attention for cleaning it), I know that if I did have tons of free time on my hands I would just sleep... a lot, and watch even more television than I already do. BBW also doesn't keep me from doing anything that I want to do, management is always accomodating to any request offs that I have, even if it is for every weekend in a month.
This job is also incredibly stress-free. There was a time when that was not true. When I still worked at the Lufkin store I allowed myself to be brought into store drama, I was usually the person everyone complained to about everyone else. When I first started working in Austin at Highland Mall, I made a point to stay clear of store drama. I also have to say that this store has done really well at keeping the drama to a minimum... as much as can be expected when you throw 10-15 women in one place.
So, Happy 8 year Anniversary to me!
Few side-notes:
1) Last week when I was working inventory at BBW, the REGIS manager (the company we use for inventory) offered me a job, should I ever decide that scanning items into a computer is indeed my career calling.... it made me laugh.
2) I am having a really good hair day. And I say this because I have seriously gotten 4 different comments on my hair, 2 of which have been from guys who have basically said "I don't know what you're doing different to your hair, but I really like it." All I did was actually get up in time this morning to blow dry my hair instead of going curly today.
3) I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend which included DAR Fall Forum, Dustin's 30th birthday party (complete with a pink poodle pinata and a shot-block), and a really good 6 1/2 mile run. I also learned a secret that I have to keep to myself until THIS SUMMER. That's going to be absolute murder.
4) I'm really looking forward to the Texas/Arkansas game this weekend and will be highly disappointed if Hurricane Ike interferes with my plans.
No comments:
Post a Comment