Brook posted 20 random facts about herself and it looked like fun, so here goes...
1. I have visited 45 out of 50 states. A lot of this is due to my travel with the Children of the American Revolution on Summer Regional Tour. The five states I haven't been to? Hawaii, Alaska, Washington, Montana, North Dakota. I have a feeling with the last two I'm not missing much.
2. I have had grey hairs since High School. I started highlighting my hair when I turned 25, but they have been on my head since I was 16. I hope that's more of a testament to genetics and NOT my stress levels.
3. I've driven the same car for the last 10 years and have never gotten the oil changed on time and I've actually been known to wait until closer to 10,000 miles than 3,000. You'd never guess that I come from a family of mechanics.
4. I bruise like a peach. I currently have 3 bruises on my legs that appeared on Sunday and Monday and NO clue where they came from.
5. It's been 11 years since I've gotten my braces taken off and I still wear my retainers when I sleep at least 4 nights a week. I swear my teeth still move!
6. My favorite food is grilled cheese sandwiches. It's one of the few things I can successfully cook plus the Capitol Grill makes them really well.
7. There are two tv shows that I could watch over and over again: Gilmore Girls and The West Wing. I LOVE them!
8. My jaw pops out of socket every time I open my mouth really wide. This was discovered when I went to the SFA clinic in college for an earache and the doctor was more impressed with how my jaw popped than the fact that my ear hurt!
9. I have no idea where I see my life in 5 years. I don't have any specific career goals and sometimes I don't think I will ever get married or have kids. I don't think this is a lack of ambition on my part, but more of an acceptance that we are all part of God's plan and it will all be revealed in time.
10. I love to shop. I spend so much time browsing at stores online that I can tell you that the majority of stores add new items in the last 10 days of the month.
11. I hate taking out the garbage. It's my least favorite chore.
12. Even though I was named the Most Outstanding Choir Student in junior high and high school and received several awards for my singing, I most enjoy singing loud and obnoxiously rather than for serious. Most of my friends who did not know me in high school are shocked to find out that I can actually sing!
13. I would procrastinate procrastinating if I could. There are very few things in my life that I don't procrastinate.
14. I'm an excellent speller. I've contemplated adding this to my resume as in both of my jobs at the Capitol I have served as the office spell-checker.
15. There hasn't been a back on my cell phone for over two years now and the scroll button doesn't like to work all of the time, but I still keep the same phone.
16. I don't like beer. I've never been able to acquire a taste for it and have probably consumed less than 10 beers in the last 6 years. People find this odd for two reasons: 1) I come from Texas. 2) It's the beverage of choice for most of my family members.
17. I've danced on stage with Elton John and I've stood back stage next to Bob Dylan. My cousin Becky and I got the privilege of being seated in the right area at Elton John's Red Piano show in Vegas and got to get up on stage during "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" and last year at Austin City Limits Music Festival a group of 6 of us snuck backstage right before Bob Dylan performed and actually were there for about 5 minutes before we were kicked out.
18. Since I've started running I've started burping a lot. This is weird because my whole life I've always been very much a lady and rarely burped. Now I burp when working out and occasionally when I'm just sitting at my desk at work.
19. I love Dr. Pepper.
20. I don't sing in the shower, but I love to sing in the car. I think this started in high school when my friends and I would take road trips and I had to start singing to keep them from varying off key so bad (Ahem, Lauren).
No comments:
Post a Comment