Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Things I've learned...

I learned a few things this weekend when I traveled to Ithaca for Molly's wedding:
  • Never pack after attending a Diez y Seis party. It may result in forgetting your shoes and clutch for the wedding. Oops.
  • There are a LOT of people at the Austin airport at 5:30 in the a.m. I arrived exactly one hour prior to my 6:30 flight, already checked-in and with only carry-on luggage to make it to my gate for final boarding call. Insane!
  • It is common for people to randomly yell out their windows as they drive by in Ithaca. This happened to us 5 times. And no, these weren't cat calls. Or at least, these weren't cat calls I was familiar with... just random AGGHHHs! One friend put it perfectly when he said that maybe guys in Ithaca aren't used to seeing such pretty girls, and therefore do not know the appropriate way to cat call.
  • The Super 8 is Great! If ever you find yourself in Ithaca, I highly recommend you stay there. Just make sure you specifically instruct them to take the bottles and leave the cans. Also, make sure you aren't too picky about the temperature regulation in your room.
  • Molly Elgin is the second strongest force in the universe. The first strongest force? Molly's fist!
  • The police are very strict regarding noise complaints. They will threaten to evict everyone from the hotel (that you aren't staying in) and have them lined up on the streets of Ithaca with no where to go!
  • Flat Jerry very may well be more fun than 3-D Jerry. More on that in a later post.
  • I absolutely adore my C.A.R. family and the time we get to spend together. I just wish we saw each other more!

No comments: