Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Adventures of Flat Jerry, Part I

About a month ago, I attended the wedding of my dear friend Andy Stancil and his sweet bride Jennifer in Greensboro, GA. They were married at the BEA-U-TI-FUL Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation. And the wedding was quite a time. Quite a time, indeed.

I've been friends with Andy for probably 12 years or so at this point. We met where I've met most of my favorite friends: C.A.R. So this wedding was also a time to catch up with some of my C.A.R. friends who I don't get to see very often. Just a handful of his were able to make the trip to GA, but it only takes a handful of C.A.R. kids to have good times on your hands.

My favorite Califorinian, Jerry, was supposed to make the trip, but couldn't at the last minute. Instead, Calvin brought along a picture of Jerry that he had found in his suit. This is one of my favorite pictures of Jerry because 1) Jerry has a beard. I have never once seen Jerry with a beard in the 10+ years I've known him. 2) Jerry is playing the flute. Hilarious.

We decided to take pictures of what our friend Renee has deemed as "Flat Jerry" enjoying parts of the reception, since 3-D Jerry was unable to be in attendance. Who knew that a phenomenom would be born from this? Flat Jerry also attended Molly's wedding in Ithaca this past weekend, and I'll be back tomorrow to show you his adventures from then!

But for now, Flat Jerry at Stancil's wedding:


Flat Jerry in his seat at the reception.


Flat Jerry enjoying a glass of wine.



Flat Jerry with two lovely ladies he would have had the pleasure of sitting next to during the reception.


Flat Jerry is VERY exicted about the tasty menu!

The California boy loves his California rolls!


And some non-Flat Jerry pictures:

Cal, Rian, Andy (the groom), Jennifer (the bride), Dave, and RJ


Me with RJ, Dave, and Cal



No comments: