Monday, September 27, 2010

The Adventures of Flat Jerry, Part II

Last weekend I traveled to Ithaca, NY for the nuptials of my bffle Molly and Jean-Baptiste (JB). I can't really put into words just how wonderful the weekend was. It was great to spend time with some of my favorite people in the whole entire world. The wedding ceremony took place on the gorgeous (or gorges?) campus of Cornell at the Sage chapel and the reception was at a vineyard outside of Ithaca.

Because once again, Jerry was unable to attend the wedding... Flat Jerry came in his place. Flat Jerry probably had the most fun out of EVERYONE. He explored Ithaca and made quite a few new friends at the wedding. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves....


Flat Jerry in downtown Ithaca.


Flat Jerry hearts White Cheddar Cheez-Its, too!


Flat Jerry is very good at drinking games.


Flat Jerry enjoying a glass of wine and the beautiful view at the Reception.

 

Flat Jerry with the Bride Molly and Groom JB


Slow-dancing with Lacy.


Us (Lacy, Me, Sarah, and Sarah) with Flat Jerry and the really awesome reception MC.


Flat Jerry with Mama and Papa Elgin (parents of the Bride)


Flat Jerry West Coast representin' with Stefan 


This is Flat Jerry break-dancing.


Flat Jerry with the adorable Cossart siblings (siblings of the Groom)


Kisses from Farah, the beautiful maid of honor (she introduced the bride and groom!)


Cuddle time with Flat Jerry!


*I should probably explain the Flat Jerry picture: Summer of 2002, I traveled with Jerry, Molly, and our friends Justin and Will through most of California and onto Arizona. We were driving from L.A. to Flagstaff to our next meeting and I discovered that the van we had been riding in for over a week at that point, had no air conditioning! It was HOT. The boys stripped down to their swimsuits and Molly and I were in swimsuit cover-ups and light-weight PJs. We bought gallons of water to just hold on ourselves, to cool us down. Then in the middle of nowhere, the car starts to shake. We could barely talk because the car was shaking so bad. It turns out that it had been so hot outside that the back (brand new) tires had melted! This is a picture of Jerry with our melted tire. I figured it was appropriate to commemorate one of the craziest adventures I've had with Jerry and Molly for this weekend.

No comments: