I know that being semi-jobless isn't one of the most desirable positions, but it does have its perks! With my little bit of extra free time (I've put in a little over 20 hours of work at BBW), I have gotten so much done.
I still had a few boxes in my room that never got unpacked, and my room was nothing short of a disaster area. My bathroom looked like it was inhabited by a boy, and not the pretty girl that I am because it was so disgusting. But now... my room is clean! The boxes are unpacked! The bathroom is pretty! Even my closet is organized! I've also done the dishes and taken out the trash. My roommate will be so pleased : )
With my free time I've also been able to catch up with a few phone dates with some of my favorite people. Usually I'm so tired after working or too rushed to get to the next thing that I limit my phone calls to the usual: mom, Amy, and Ruth. Today alone I've gotten caught up with Molly, Michelle, and Julie (a lot can happen when you don't work with someone for a whole week).
Fun things have also filled my schedule. I went to the Texas/Texas Southern basketball game on Tuesday with Bunker followed by some Top Shelf Tuesday action at Trudy's with Andrea and last night I saw the Ballet Austin production of The Nutcracker with Andrea, Drea, and Sarah followed by a forever long dinner at PF Chang's. Who knew you could have a social life in the middle of the week? I have to say that some of the costume choices at The Nutcracker perplexed me, and I never knew there were Angels in the production (I imagine that was just to give a few more kids the opportunity to be a part of the show), but overall it was a good performance. It was definitely no Houston ballet, but it filled The Nutcracker void, and the two little girls who sat behind us kept me pretty entertained as they whispered about what was happening on stage during the entire first act.
On the job search front: It seems to have been raining jobs today, I can only hope that it will be followed by a flood of job offers! I will hear about the position I interviewed for on Tuesday on Monday. I really hope it's good things, it sounds like such a great opportunity. But in the mean time, I have another interview tomorrow morning with a State Representative and an interview with another association on Tuesday morning. I'm also going to be hearing about two more interviews following Christmas, but let's hope that Santa brings me a new job before then! Keep thinking good thoughts for me, please!
No comments:
Post a Comment