I'm back in Austin!
Christmas and my time at home was exactly what I needed. I very much enjoyed the time I was able to spend with my family and friends while in Lufkin. There was play time and visiting and food and parties and food and parties. And did I mention food? I took lots of pictures, but unfortunately you'll have to wait a few days to see them.
I got to be an only child this Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Brad wasn't invited home and Jay, Lindsey and Madelyn didn't come until the 26th. My mom decided it was time I was a big girl and helped with the cooking of Christmas brunch, so I made the stuffed french toast and it was yummy! I also finished decorating and setting the table and helped just a bit with the clean up. I guess it's time I pitch in a little since I am 27....
Santa was very good to me. I had no idea that I had been so good this year! He brought me just what I wanted: cash, car, and keys. Okay, so the car was really just a toy car. But the keys are very much appreciated since after 27 years we have started locking our house and I found out much to my dismay at 10:30 on Tuesday night that the key I use to unlock the door isn't for the lock they use. I had to walk out to the bath house, in the rain, and the dark, and knock on the door for a good 3-4 minutes before Dewitt came stumbling from his sleep. Thankfully he was there, otherwise I would have had to head back to the cabin to crash with Kathryn, Tempe, and Jerrell or drive down to the lake. My parents also got creative with the gift of cash... they framed some in picture frames and then my dad made us money trees with bills rolled up and tied to the branches... who knew you could make getting cash even better than just opening up an envelope?
The parties were fun. We headed to the Jacksons for Christmas Eve and then over to Tempe and Jerrell's. We had quite a crowd at Tempe's, lots of kiddos running around! Ella took some beautifamous pictures and it was fun to watch Cadence dance around to her little cd player that played Disney songs. Greg even brought lottery tickets for everyone to scratch off since Bubba wasn't with us. Of course, I didn't win. On the 26th we had quite a crowd at my house for our annual Christmas party with my high school friends. It was a lot of fun to catch up with people I just wish I hadn't been so nice as to drive Justin to the gas station that night since I woke up to a flat tire the next morning. Apparently, I ran over a huge piece of glass with my BRAND NEW MONTH OLD tire. Lucky for me, Santa decided to replace it as a late Christmas present. It would have just been really nice if it had been one of the other tires.
I enjoyed my few days with Madelyn. She got a stroller and baby doll for Christmas that she loves to push around. She also got a little four wheeler that works really well until she runs it into something... then she just kind of stares at you until you come move it. It's almost as cool as Ella's pink mustang Barbie convertable!
While I really enjoyed my time in Lufkin, I don't think I can say the same for the cats. They did okay when it was just me and my parents, but made a permanent retreat upstairs once Madelyn and Gizmo arrived. I've discovered that there's three things they hate in life: 1) long car rides in a cat carrier 2) dogs 3) small children. Out of the three, I'm pretty sure they hate small children the most. Giada hid out underneath the various beds upstairs almost the entire time we were home. She'd only come out if I was upstairs for an extended time or at night when I was asleep in my bed. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun it is to share a twin bed with two fat cats. Smokey had an accident in the car carrier on the way to and from Lufkin. On the way back to Austin they were especially anxious in the car, so I let Smokey out of the carrier. She wondered around the car and sat in my lap for awhile before making the floor behind the passenger seat her sleep spot. I also opened the door to Giada's carrier, but apparently she just wanted the option to come out because she stopped whining but never got out of the carrier.
Well, tomorrow is New Year's Eve. Still hammering down my plans, but probably going downtown with friends. I'm excited to bring in 2009! My New Year's Resolution? To find a job! I have an interview scheduled for Friday and should be hearing back from other interviews and scheduling some follow-up interviews early next week. Hopefully this will all get settled in the next few weeks, I'd hate for the cats to have to start turning tricks to earn their keep!
No comments:
Post a Comment