Hi friends!
It's been quite some time since my last blog. Thanksgiving found me at home in Lufkin with the fam and without a computer! I got back to Austin on Saturday and spent the rest of my weekend working at Bath and Body Works and going to the Texas/Rice basketball game.
I enjoyed being at home with the fam, but I feel like I didn't get to spend near enough time playing with Eric and Ella! I did get some quality time with Madelyn, she is a mess and into EVERYTHING. We also had some random family visits while I was in town, and it's always good to catch up with cousins you don't see often.
Turkey Day found us at Camp 68 for the Annual Squyres Thanksgiving. This year was a low attendance... only about 40 of us! After watching a cousin jump, Madelyn decided she should start jumping, too. The only problem is she can't quite manage to get her feet off of the ground! This new trick is highly entertaining for her and even more so for those who get to watch. The only thing I wasn't thankful for this year was the Single Inquisition. Ryan, Becky and I all found ourselves on the firing range as we were asked about our romantic prospects, which unfortunately are none for each of us. At least I am not alone in my singleness... that would have been truly depressing.
We put up our Christmas tree for the first time in at least 5 years this weekend. No more ficus tree decorations for us! Of course, the tree doesn't look fully decorated since we had to refrain from putting ornaments within arm's reach of Madelyn. She was completely fascinated by the lights and the revolving Santa and Santa's sleigh at the top of our tree (which celebrates it's 30th birthday this Christmas).
I did enjoy a little car drama while at home. I woke up on Saturday morning to a flat tire. My dad had come in from the lake and after trying to repair it himself, decided I needed a new tire. I ended up being delayed by about a half hour leaving Lufkin, which made me late for work... but no worries there. For Christmas it looks like I am going to be buying myself 3 more new tires, which will hopefully be my LAST big purchase for this car before I break down and buy a new one.
There's lots of things going on in my life and the next few weeks should prove to be very interesting. I'll share more when I can! Just be thinking good thoughts for me : ) And I promise more frequent blogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment