Friday, December 12, 2008

My news...

Okay, so I'm going to shock a lot of people right now and tell you that today is my last day of work in the Harless office. A few weeks ago we sat down and discussed my future and all decided it was time for me to move on. I've accomplished all I can accomplish in my current position and there's no further "up" to go in this office, and in the world of politics you can't just stay in one position because it's comfortable. I still have a lot more to learn and a lot of growing to do, and this is no time to be putting down roots. There's no hard feelings, it's the right thing for everyone.



I haven't mentioned it because I was hoping I could say I had found a new job before telling people I was leaving my old one. Unfortunately, that has not happened. I've got a couple of possibilities, and in the mean time I am going to work more at Bath and Body Works the next few weeks. I'm saving my freak-out time for the start of January.


I know this is the right thing to do, it's just frightening to not know what's next. Job searches have always come easy for me, probably a little too easy. So I'm going to consider this a character-building experience! I am confident that everything will work out and I am very fortunate to have some wonderful friends who have worked with me the last few weeks on the job search front. Now if I could only get an actual interview scheduled!


So, that's my news. Please say a little prayer for me and think good thoughts over the next few weeks! In the mean time, I am going to enjoy the rare opportunity I have to have some time to myself and really appreciate the Holiday season for the first time in 8 years! This weekend I am going to a friend's Christmas party tonight, DAR tea tomorrow, and Trail of Lights 5k tomorrow night. I am also planning a trip to see the Trail of Lights this week as well as The Nutcracker ballet with some girlfriends. I'm going to give my apartment the cleaning it deserves and might even have a few friends over at some point to celebrate the new place (that's really almost 6 months old already) and the Christmas season.


I will miss the office, but it's just goodbye to a job... not goodbye to the friends I've made. So there you have it, my news. Hopefully there will be more news to report in a few days!

No comments: