Friday, November 21, 2008

To match or not to match?

My love life is non-existent. The last date I went on? This summer! With Houston-guy, a fella I met at a sorority sister's wedding in April. We dated some for a few months, but as you can guess by the nickname, he lives in Houston and it didn't work out. Since then... nothing. Absolutely. nothing. It's kind of depressing! It becomes especially depressing when people ask me about my prospects and I have to continue to reply with something along the lines of "I've got nothing."

I have to admit that I really haven't had time to date. Or to even look, obviously. There's been the 1/2 Marathon training and some traveling that has kept me just a little occupied. I will definitely never be "that girl" who has some mid-life crisis when she wakes up and realizes she never had time to find out who she was because she jumped into a relationship/marriage/children before she was really grown up herself. I have had plenty of "me" time. Tons of "me" time. So much "me" time, I'm kind of sick of "me." Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty dang awesome... but at some point you hit a wall where you get pretty bored with all of the "me" time.

So, with all of that being said, I have to admit that in the last few days I've become slightly intrigued with idea of signing up for something like match.com. My cousin Ryan signed up not too long ago, and we often find ourselves chatting online while we work for most of the day. Naturally, he has been keeping me updated with his findings and all of our random friends he is finding on the site.

I've always been a cynic when it comes to online dating, but I have to admit that I'm not doing the greatest job at finding potential suitors (wow, that sounds so 18th century) on my own. So the question is: to match or not to match? I want to hear your thoughts!

Recovery from the 1/2 is going well. I've laid off of exercise all week long so my foot can heal, and I'm now going stir-crazy. I have to keep reminding myself that it's best to make sure I'm fully recovered so there's a less likelihood of re-injury, which would mean even more time off. My weekend plans aren't solidified, but I'm going to be spending some time with some high school friends who will be in Austin for a bachelorette party, seeing Quantum of Solace tomorrow afternoon with friends, and doing a little work at Bath and Body Works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as you can probably guess, i think you are entirely too cool for online dating. i don't feel as if the jamie-awesomeness can really be appreciated in digital format.

however, i totally get where the intrigue comes from. i would avoid match and try something newer. i have several friends who met their current significant others using okcupid.com and greatboyfriends.com

also, i think you should give crazyblinddate.com a test drive - i've read lots of good things and if i lived in an actual city, i would totally try it.