Thursday, November 13, 2008

Missing friends

While I'm doing my personal training on Thursday mornings, Sam likes to jam out to the 90's alternative station on XM Radio, which often makes me think back to the days of high school. Today as I did various foot drills on the ladder Garbage's Stupid Girl came on. My friends and I enjoyed taking the lyrics to songs and changing them to make fun of each other, and this particular song was changed to say "Stupid booooys... Jay and Luke. Stupid boooooys... Jay and Luke." I giggled as I told Sam about this habit and shared the other songs we changed for our friends with him.

As I was driving home from training, I couldn't help but think about Luke. Almost 5 1/2 years after his death, I still miss my friend. I have so many fond memories that I can think back on and smile just remembering the fun. I've thought of him often lately, whether it's because his birthday would have been this month or the approaching Christmas season always reminds me of my Show Choir days, or that football season always reminds me of L Man and P Man, or a little of it all. I can say for sure that my life has more joy in it because Luke was my friend.

Just 3 days left until the 1/2 Marathon!

No comments: