Monday, January 31, 2011

What's for dinner?

I cooked dinner last night. That's the second time this year! I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of impressed with myself. Plus, it was very tasty. I made southwestern chicken in the slow-cooker (love, love, love the slow- cooker), a salad, rolls, and picked up angel food cake and mixed berries for dessert.


There was improvement from the last meal because I didn't have to consult with anyone on how to do anything this time. That might have something to do with the level of difficulty of this meal (it wasn't), but improvement is improvement. Who knows, next month I might cook 3 times and may even venture out of the slow-cooker realm! Baby steps....

2 comments:

The Durham Family said...

recipe please! and I love ya, but the red background is killing my eyeballs.

Unknown said...

You're so needy when it comes to my blog backgrounds. I'll work on it.

Recipe:
2 cans of corn (drained)
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
16 oz salsa
1.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast cut into large pieces

Directions:
Add corn, beans, and 4 oz of salsa to slow cooker. Add chicken and pour remaining salsa on top. Cook 3-4 hours on high, 6 hours on low.

Voila!