Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

We loaded up the presents, luggage, and cats yesterday and made our way to Lufkin. I have to say that the boyfriend was a very good sport about it all. First, we had to drive across town to pick up Madelyn's present from my parents: a huge, 5 feet long, 2 1/2 feet tall, dollhouse. Thank goodness we were able to turn it on its side so we could put the cover on the bed. Otherwise, I'm not sure where we would have put all of the presents!

The next surprise was a little surprise Smokey made for us about an hour into the trip. Thankfully we were only three miles outside of a town at the time. The rest of the trip I had to keep her on my lap, and let me tell you, her New Year's Resolution needs to be to drop a few pounds. She is heav-y.

Today will be busy with preparations and visiting family. I'm just going to enjoy our only travel-free day for I don't know how long... Quick birthday shout out to my sister-in-law Lindsey and my sweet friend Amy, as well as cousin Noel tomorrow!

No comments: