Tuesday, December 21, 2010

In better spirits

I'm in better spirits today. Partially because our report has been distributed to our members. Halleluljah! Partially because there's just one more work day left in the work week. Yes! And partially because of something I witnessed at lunch.

Given that it's 80 degrees here in Texas, and the work load has lessened significantly in the last 24 hours, we decided to take up an invitation for lunch at Hula Hut. Nothing gets you in the Christmas spirit like a nice Mexican/polynesian lunch out on the lake, right? Of course we weren't the only ones that thought today called for Hula Hut. The restaurant was packed. Our 20-30 minute wait was actually closer to 45. We had been waiting for awhile when a guy in military uniform comes in with his family. They get on the very long waiting list and go outside to wait for the table. Right after they left, another couple was buzzed for seating. Having seen the military guy come in, they told the hostess that they would give up their table to him and his family and would move back to the bottom of the list!

So on top of that very sweet gesture and the fact that I enjoyed a free three hour lunch, I'm in a much more Christmasy mood today. Let's just hope 5 o'clock traffic doesn't spoil that...