I'm trying my hardest to get into the Christmas Spirit. Really, I am. I swear. I'm just having problems getting there. My apartment is decorated. The office is decorated. Christmas presents are bought (well, about 98%). Presents are wrapped. Travel plans are made. And all I really want to do is crawl under my covers.
I'm sure the craziness of work and my hectic social schedule plays a large part in all of this. We've been working on the report that just won't come to an end, for forever. And a day. I'm only stopping to write this blog because I'm waiting for the 120 page document to print. It wasn't until today that I realized just how exhausting this whole process has been. I'm just worn out. I think my eyesight has worsened from the constant staring. For serious. I've noticed the last few days that it takes longer for my eyes to focus in the morning when I wake up.
And it's not like we get to take some huge breather or break after this is finished. Session is less than a month away, my friends. Less. than. a. month. away. Then the fun really begins. And until then, there's just a hint of uncertainty as to what the future holds, which has also been stressful.
Hopefully when we sign, seal, and deliver this report to our members, a weight will be lifted and my spirits will improve. If not, I will muster up the strength to go through the motions of what I am sure will be a wonderful holiday with loved ones. And I won't think about all of the traveling (Austin - Lufkin - Spring - Lufkin - Austin - Mesquite - Austin)...
No comments:
Post a Comment