Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy (belated) Birthday, Eric!


My main man Eric (Air-wic, as I like to say), turned 3 yesterday! I can't believe how fast all of the kiddos are growing up. I have really loved watching him grow and come out of his shell over the last year, it just completely amazes me. For the longest time, he wanted nothing to do with me. Not too shocking, seeing as he is a BOY, after all. He would just kind of stand back and watch as Ella and I played, rarely participating.

That is not the case any more. I am now greeted at the door as he says "I chase you!" and we start our running around the house. He loves to play and play and play. He's such a boy's boy... able to turn anything into a weapon or tool. He's also fearless. We were playing on the swingset at the lake last weekend and he wasn't afraid to jump at the monkey bars, which scared his Mama a LOT.

I love his precious smile and laugh. I love that he's so protective of his big sister, Ella. I love that I can actually get a hug and a kiss goodbye from him these days. I can't wait for our belated birthday dinner date the next time I'm in town!

Happy Birthday, Eric!

On a somewhat sad note, we lost my Great Uncle Ralph on Tuesday. He was 81. He had been in the hospital/hospice for the last few months, and had really been going downhill over the last year in general. With his passing, only Great Uncle Reginald remains of Ganny's siblings (she was one of six). It somewhat seems appropriate, since Reginald always wanted to be an only child...
Here's a picture of Uncle Ralph and Mady at the lake her first Thanksgiving.

No comments: