I can't believe that my sweet cousin Ella Kate is 5 years old today! Oh my, time sure does fly by fast! I had to miss the big birthday bash on Saturday because I had two DAR events in Austin that morning, so I took Ella to eat at Chili's last night (her choice, because "it's her favorite"). We had such a good time. She had what Brook calls her yellow meal: macaroni and cheese and corn on the cob. I told the waitress it was her birthday, so she brought out chocolate cake for dessert and they sang to her. Of course, Ella is super shy, so she hid under my arm the whole time they were singing.... but she loved the cake. She said that Chili's makes the best food ever!
I think the funniest part of the night was on our way back home. We had just finished dancing along to some song on the radio. She really wanted to hear the Boom Boom song, but I don't have that in my car, and she asks me who I'm married to. I tell her that I'm not married, and she says that I need to get married (I think she may be channeling her Granny Tempe with the marriage pressure). I asked her who I should marry and she tells me Jay. I told her that I can't marry my brother. So then Ella very politely volunteers to marry me. So then I tell her that girls have to marry boys.... so she told me to go meet a boy to marry. If it was only that simple!
So happy birthday, sweet Ella. I love you so, so, so much! Who would have ever thought that something so cute and nice would come from Scott? I adore the time I get to spend with you. I love spinning you, taking walks, spinning you some more, chasing you around the house, then spinning you some more, and letting you take pictures with my camera. I only wish I got to see you every day!


1 comment:
awww so sweet! Your post made me get teary eyed!! We are so lucky to have you in our life!!!
Post a Comment