Ten.
That's the number of books I've read SINCE CHRISTMAS. Obviously, I've got way too much free time on my hands! Of course, this would be much more impressive if this was classical literature. Or thought provoking literature. Or political. Or current events. But it hasn't been. It's all been chic lit/young adult. I figure in my position of having almost no work-life and absolutely no love-life, I need all of the warm and fuzzy and living vicariously I can get!
So here's what I've read, sorted by author... since there have only been 3 of them:
Ann Brashares:
Girls in Pants, The Third Summer of the Sisterhood
Forever in Blue, The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood
These were the last two books of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. I read the books after watching the movies, they were so cute! Each of the books actually made me cry, which is rare.
Wendy Markham:
Slightly Settled
Slightly Engaged
Slightly Married
Slightly Suburban
I read her first book in this series, Slightly Single a few months ago... and LOVED it. I even made Andrea read it. I had no idea that I had stumbled upon a series until I picked up Slightly Suburban at Target last weekend. I figured the author just had a thing with the word Slightly and didn't realize until about half way through the book that it was part of a series. Slightly Engaged was a little obnoxious, but the rest have been really good.
Emily Griffin:
Something Borrowed
Something Blue
Baby Proof
Love the One You're With
After absolutely adoring Something Borrowed and Something Blue, I went ahead and read every other book that Emily Griffin has written, and was not disappointed.
So, anyone got any suggestions as to what I should read next? I know I have some avid readers following my blog... And feel free to throw me for a loop with something a little more challenging than chic lit, haha!
Had an interview this afternoon. They had me interview with 6 people total! I really liked everyone and like the opportunity, so think good thoughts. I'm supposed to hear something next week.
2 comments:
I encourage everyone, always and everywhere, to read the entire Sarah Vowell series. She's so funny and sarcastic but also a huge American history nerd and manages to mash it together into awesome fun reading.
Start with "Assassination Vacation" which highlights the assassinations of McKinley, Garfield, and Lincoln through road trips to various assassination-related sites. Then read "The Wordy Shipmates" (Puritans) and wrap it up with "The Partly Cloudy Patriot" and "Take the Cannoli"
ooh ooh, bring me a few to borrow the next time you are in L Town.
Post a Comment