Today is Steven's birthday. The big 3-9. The last few steps up the hill before he is officially over it next year.
Want to know what he got for his birthday? To spend $1500 on a new water heater and fans to dry out the wet ceiling in the second bathroom. Happy Birthday to him!
It all started this morning when I went into the second bathroom (my bathroom) to take a shower. I stepped on a damp bath mat and thought that was strange since no one had been in the bathroom yet. At that moment I felt a drop of water on my thumb. I looked up and saw water slowly dripping from the ceiling. Uh oh. I immediately alerted Steven to the problem and he went into the attic to inspect.
There was a hole in the bottom of the drip pan and the vent exhaust pipe was not properly installed. On top of that, there was a bad pipe in the water heater which was the main cause for the flood/leak. Luckily the water did not spread beyond the ceiling to the walls, but it was still so wet that the bathroom will have to be dried out with fans for the next two days and the ceiling will have to eventually be replaced (but can wait until after the wedding).
On top of all of that, the new water heter won't fire up so the repairman has had to go get a replacement part. For the NEW water heter.
I think it's possible that I have transferred my bad birthday luck to Steven, since mine tends to always be a disaster... you know, grandmother's dying, mother's being diagnosed with life threatening illness, car needing major repairs, to name a few standouts. Guess it's a good thing he's choosing me for better or worse!
No comments:
Post a Comment