I've noticed something recently, and I just wanted to share. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a glass crashing situation for all of you How I Met Your Mother fans.
I'm guessing you've noticed that whenever you see someone and ask "How are you doing", they usually respond with "well" or "good"? Most common answers ever. So no, that's not my observation. My observation is your response. If the person answers "well", you respond with the ever so not grammatically correct "good" when they ask how you are. And if the person answers "good", you respond with "well" when they ask how you are.
You might be asking how in the world I would care to make this observation. It's simple, in my line of work you see lots of people in passing in the halls on a daily basis. People are friendly, so they ask the simple question of "How are you?" Also, whenever my boss' legal assistant calls, we have the exact same exchange every single time. And it never fails, one of us says "good", the other says "well", no matter which the other person says first.
So, there's my random observation. I know it's lame, but thought you might enjoy a non wedding-related post. Though speaking of weddings, I'm going to have to share about my experience at a wedding this past weekend the next time I get around to posting. Oh, the suspense.
No comments:
Post a Comment