Friday, April 29, 2011

Unplugged.

I'm house sitting for my Great Aunt this week. She's vacationing in Destin with her travel friends. The ladies have been taking trips all over the world for the last 30 years. So fun!

It just so happens that a few months ago one of my friends from Jr. League moved in two doors down from my Great Aunt. I let her know that we would be neighbors for the week and we planned to get together upon my arrival. Well, then I hurt my hip. And then I ended up working late the last few nights.

The House concluded their business around 5:30 last night so I was excited to get away from the Capitol at a decent hour. On top of that, the anti-inflammatories I'm taking actually started working and my hip is no longer hurting. I took that opportunity to got visit my Liz and her husband and sit out by their pool and just relax for an evening.

And now we get to where the title of this blog comes from, "unplugged". I needed to charge my phone, so I left my phone at home, along with my watch when I went to visit my friends. I can't think of the last time I ever ventured to do something so bold. No cell phone? No watch? Just an evening of enjoying good conversation with no worries as to how late it is and if someone's trying to reach me. And it was wonderful. Of course, I probably wouldn't have stayed out until 11 pm if I'd had my watch on (I'm old, I need my sleep), but I highly recommend that everyone unplugs every now and then. It's refreshing.

No comments: