I'm recovering.
It's been quite a two weeks.
10 days in DC for DAR Continental Congress. Paging at the Shoppe from 8 am - 4 pm every. day. Quality time with my biffles/biffcars/biffdars... including a visit with every Royal Roomie (minus one Becca Grawl).
Then the bottom fell out. Mom went into the hospital on Thursday 7/8 with fluid in her lungs. She lost 15 lbs in 24 hours. It's congestive heart failure. They also discovered that a valve in her heart is functioning at 20%. She'll probably need surgery. We will know more after her check-up today. They have to get her meds regulated correctly for the congestive heart failure before they can proceed further.
Flew back to Texas on my birthday (7/12), went straight to Lufkin. Mom was released from the hospital that night. Celebrated my 29th with hospital visits, car break downs, and emotional break downs. Luckily, we have some pretty great friends who helped turn the day around. They even baked Jay and I cake (out of mix and ingredients that had been in our pantry for at least 10 years. I didn't eat the cake, but it's the thought that counts).
Car. My "new" car. Thought the transmission was going, but it turned out to be the spark plugs. Then I took it to the shop to get the alignment done, and that went from costing $59 to $1400 and took a full day of labor.
Then there was the fraudulent, accidental $1300 charge to my debit card. I love that it takes only a day to deduct a charge but 5 business days to put it back.
Thought about declaring another birthday and skipping my 29th year all together, but things have started to settle down. At least for now.
1 comment:
i can't believe i got called out like that. HARSH.
see you in september!
Post a Comment