
It was great to spend a few days with her last week in Lufkin. She has started sleeping in a big girl, so I have gained a new roomie when I'm in town. There are now two twin beds in my room at my parents' house, so we figured that's the best room for Mady to sleep in so someone else is in the room with her and she doesn't try to wander downstairs in the middle of the night. Well, Mady is a snuggler, which I love, but I don't love sleeping in a twin bed with a 3 year old who loves to toss and turn. So, I start out the night snuggled with her and just as soon as she falls asleep, I get in the other bed. This confuses her when she wakes up in the morning and asks why I'm not in bed with her... but she'll learn to deal.
She has also become quite the swimmer. She feels pretty comfortable with her floaties on, and LOVES to jump off the diving board. I am completely amazed with how fearless she is! We had a little scary incident when leaving the pool one night and I was worried that it would effect her love for swimming, but she immediately asked if she could go swimming when she woke up the next morning so I think she's going to be fine.
So Happy (very belated) Birthday, Mady Marie! Love my niece to pieces!
No comments:
Post a Comment