Friday, August 15, 2008

The Sam Plan

Every Thursday morning I drag myself out of bed at 6:30 am and head to Body Mechanix for my weekly personal training session with Sam Houston (yes, that's his real name). I've been doing this since Sam left 24 hour fitness and opened his own studio in January. The fact that I have actually made it out of bed every single Thursday morning for the last 7 months is amazing in itself because I am NOT a morning person, and sometimes I contemplate marrying the snooze button on my alarm.

While I am in good physical condition, have lost some inches, and feel great about myself... the scale pretty much refuses to budge. It can be really frustrating hovering around the same 5 lbs or so for a few months, but I've kept my sanity by realizing that it's okay if it comes off slow... that means it will be just that much harder to put it all back on.

I guess Sam has had enough, though. Yesterday he put me on a CRAZY diet for the next week or two. His goal? For me to lose 10 lbs really fast. I'm going to just assume that he knows what he's doing since he's been doing this for quite some time... plus it's just 2 weeks, and I'd love to see the scale make some movement, too.

I was going to wait until Saturday to start this craziness, but decided to get a jump start this morning since I got to leave work a little after 8:30 last night so I had some time to do some shopping. I am going to state upfront that I do plan to cheat tonight.... I need my Wanfu Chicken Fried Rice! But I'm going to make that my one and only cheat this week, I will even refrain from my twice-a-week trips to Potbelly after boot camp with Bunker and Andrea.

Here's what I'm going to be eating:
Breakfast: 2-3 eggs, cooked however I want. So that means I'm going to be eating scrambled eggs, because that's the only way I can cook them! Ha!
Mid-morning snack: 1/2 an orange
Lunch: Any kind of protein (chicken, fish, etc.), side salad with Italian dressing
Mid-afternoon snack: other 1/2 of the orange
Dinner: Any kind of protein (chicken, fish, etc.), side salad with no dressing

I think my post-dinner snack will probably be my arm. Maybe I'll move onto a foot or something as the week progresses. I think by letting everyone in on the fact that I have this crazy diet for the next two weeks might pressure me into sticking to it, hopefully. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

The Durham Family said...

Wow!!!!! May the power be with you! I need to do Sam Houston's diet along with you! I would be thrilled to lose 10 pounds!!!
By the way...the black background on your blog makes me see spots when I look away from it.

The Durham Family said...

You are too sweet to change the background for me!!! Now reading your blog is much more enjoyable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!