Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Creature of habit

Have you ever thought about how we easily fall into our routines? I am very much a creature of habit. In the shower I wash my hair first, then condition, then wash everything else while the conditioner sets in. When working a closing shift at Bath and Body Works, I always start with completing the Merchandise Sales Report (it lists everything we sold during the day so the shelves can be restocked), I then gather the trash, and after the store closes I sweep first.
Since I've begun going to boot camp with Bunker I've gotten into a weekly dinner schedule, too. On Mondays and Wednesdays we stop at Potbelly for sandwiches and on Friday we have Wanfu Chinese. At Potbelly I always get the Turkey and Swiss on wheat and at Wanfu I have the Chicken Fried Rice. You would think eating at the same place every week and eating the same thing would get old after almost a year of doing so, but it hasn't! I look forward to my weekly Potbelly and definitely my weekly Wanfu. We've gotten to know the people that work at both places and occasionally we benefit from free stuff, which is always appreciated.
Last night I realized that I had fallen into a routine that I wasn't even aware of. Bunker, Andrea, and I take turns paying for our food. I hadn't realized that I had started always paying on Monday, Andrea on Wednesday and Bunker on Friday. We get to the register and I go for my wallet and look up and realize that no one is even looking at their wallet. I had every intention of paying for it, but made a comment about how no one even attempted to pay for it themselves and that's when the payment schedule was pointed out to me.
I like having my routines, it makes life more comfortable. However, given my new Sam Plan diet, I did vary from my usual turkey and swiss sandwich last night. I had a veggie salad topped with some turkey and it was very tasty! I didn't even end up using dressing! Speaking of which, as of this morning I've lost 4 lbs, so all is going well. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be and I'm getting used to the almost perpetual state of hunger that I'm in.

No comments: