It's either a really small world or I know too many people. Or maybe a combination of the two.
Situation #1: Steven and I went to San Francisco last weekend for my dear friend Lauren's wedding. Such. a. fun. trip! We were touristy and saw the sites of San Fran, hung out with our engagement twinkies (Jerry and Adair got engaged the same day as us), enjoyed a private wine tour of the Russian River Valley and had tons of fun at the wedding. So anyways, our flight was at like 8 am on that Friday morning so we arrived at the airport a little before 6:30. Want to know how many people I knew in the airport security checkpoint line? Three! And two were on our flight! Quite the combo of people, too: one former Capitol staffer, one lobbyist and then a lady from my DAR chapter.
Situation #2: We went to the A&M game this last weekend. Prior to the game I attended a DAR luncheon for Constitution Day. Our speaker was my friend Lynn and she mentioned her daughter Lindsey and husband Brett were attending the game that day, too (they met while at school at A&M). We arrive at the stadium and get to our assigned parking lot and are going to cross the street and guess who we see waiting to cross the street at the same crosswalk? That's right, Lindsey and Brett! After we made a short trip to Northgate for some drinks and tshirts we ran into another DAR friend of mine when walking up to the stadium and not even a minute later saw a lady from Lufkin who I used to babysit for. There was only 80,000 people there. Couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to.
Still settling into the house. Unpacking is a nightmare when it involves the merging of things. Looking forward to not doing this again for a very long time!
No comments:
Post a Comment