Thursday, March 31, 2011

Madelyn's First State Conference

A few weeks ago I took my precious Madelyn to her very first C.A.R. State Conference (if you don't know what that is, then you obvs don't know me very well and should probably stop reading). One of my all time favorite mamas, Mama G, was kind of enough to ask Madelyn to be one of her personal pages for the Conference. Usually this entails walking in front of the officer you're a page for, standing whenever they stand, and delivering notes and running errands as needed. Since Madelyn is all of 3 1/2, we decided it was probably best not to test her attention span with having her sit on the platform, so all she did was walk in... and she did it beautifully! And I got to buy her the most adorable white dress for the occasion.

She had a blast at C.A.R. and especially enjoyed all of the presents. Home girl racked up in loot. She was presented with a gift from Mama G for paging, won a door prize (which entitled you to pick out two things), and I presented her with two pins in honor of her first State Conference. I fear she may have a skewed perception as to what actually goes on at C.A.R. events, but she has fun with her friends and I love being able to pass on something that I love to her.

Here are a couple of cute pictures from the event... yes, I know they're sideways. I've tried to upload them like 5 times over the last two days and I officially give in, just turn your head. Can't believe how big sweet Mady is getting!

Madelyn and William waiting to walk in.

Sweet Mady!


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

she was TOO cute!