I thought I'd finally post pictures of the wedding, though I'm sure all five of my blog readers have already seen them on facebook! After being sick for 3 freakin' weeks, I'm finally well! Or, I should say, well enough. The cough is still lingering, but I'm hoping another week's worth of Zyrtec and Musinex will clear it out. I went to the doctor last week and was told that all of my pain and suffering was merely allergies. Ugh. I was able to return to boot camp on Saturday morning and looking forward to going again tonight. It's been so beautiful outside the last few days and I haven't really been able to enjoy it.
There's been lots going on... weddings this and weddings that, mostly. Guess that's just how it goes when everyone you know gets hitched.
So the first wedding of the season was my twin brother Jay to Lindsey. Jay and Lindsey are the parents of my precious 2 1/2 year old niece, Madelyn... so most of us thought it was about freakin' time they tied the knot. They got married on a Friday evening at a banquet facility called Occasions in Royse City (right outside of Dallas). They had originally chosen the location because they wanted an outdoor venue for their wedding, but the harsh Texas winter and lots of rain prevented the venue from landscaping their outside so the ceremony was held in their chapel with the reception in their banquet hall.
It was a fun wedding! Of course, there were a few glitches in the actual ceremony. Madelyn woke up with an ear infection that morning and had to be taken to the doctor. At their absolute best, a 2 year old in a wedding party is a wild card. She made it about three rows down the aisle before she spotted her sitter and decided she wanted to cuddle with her. She could spot my dad sitting on the front row, so she started pointing at Pop Pop. My dad ended up having to carry her down the aisle and deposited her with a bridesmaid!
The second glitch had me crying from laughter. When Jay and Lindsey went to light the Unity candle Jay ended up knocking over all of the candles. They all fell to the floor and burned out. My dad still had the lighter from when my mom lit her candle, so he tossed it up to Jesse, who caught it and gave it to Jay so he could re-light the candles.
The reception was smooth sailing... though Jesse's best man speech was very random and even included a shout-out to Obamacare. It was fun two-stepping and being spun around the dance floor, and there was even a twin vs. twin dance-off between Jay and myself and Clay and Jared (Jay's fraternity brothers and ushers at the wedding).










No comments:
Post a Comment