So much for posting more in 2010... I'm really not sure where all of the time goes! I can't believe January has come and gone, I'm not even used to writing 2010 down yet.
Work has gotten a lot busier with the start of 2010. We are planning to hold one hearing a month to discuss the interim charges, so just about the time you get everything wrapped up from one hearing, it's time to move onto the next! I'm not sure how we did a hearing a week during Session. I guess it's the difference in the amount of research required. During Session, you are holding hearings on house bills... so you are dealing only with the specific information in front of you. During interim hearings, you are dealing with broad topics... and that means lots of research!
I got to visit with my cutie patootie niece a few weeks ago. She's at such a fun age! She loves her Aunt Jamie and was so excited that I came to Dallas to see her. She really wanted to come back to Austin with me, so I'm trying to arrange my schedule so that she can do that sometime this month.
I'm thinking about joining the Junior League. I'm probably crazy for getting involved with another organization, considering I keep on getting asked to do more jobs in DAR and C.A.R.... but oh well. I really admire all of the work they do within the community, plus it's just another way to network. Not to mention the women in the Jr. League are a much younger age than the average DAR member.
Also starting training for another 1/2 marathon. There's an all-women event at the end of March that my co-worker Carolyn and I want to do. Once again, we shall see how my schedule allows for this. I went on a 3 mile trail run this past weekend with some of my running friends, it was quite an experience! The trail is actually a bike trail, so it consisted of lots of steep hills, roots, and even running through streams! Needless to say, it's pretty dang amazing I didn't fall flat on my face.
I'm heading to Lufkin this weekend since I don't know when I'll be able to visit again (March-May is almost completely booked every single weekend!). Looking forward to seeing the fam and the kiddos. I'm also contemplating a cell-phone upgrade while I'm there. I guess 4 years as a Razr user is long enough...
No comments:
Post a Comment