Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Catching up...

A LOT has been going on since my last real post.

My Bonnie-onnie got married! Bonnie and I have been friends since childhood. We grew up together in church, took some of the same dance classes, and ran with the same crowd in high school. She and her new hubby Sam have been dating for almost ten years! They met our freshman year of college and have basically been together ever since. The wedding was at the Wildcatter Ranch in Graham, TX. It was very beautiful and scenic. I was so glad to be on hand for their special day. I know they are going to have a wonderful life together!

I also ended up spending a night in Dallas on the way to the wedding, which meant some quality time with my cutie patootie niece. She will be 2 in just a few short weeks, time sure does fly. We enjoyed some time at the park and went to lunch while I was in town. I'm looking forward to spending more time with her when I'm home for the 4th of July.

Fast forward a few weeks... and here we are in the present. Trying to wrap up things in the Corrections office, as my last day is Tuesday. I'm so sad to be leaving this office, I've had the most fun here! I adore everyone that I've worked with and have learned so much in such a short time. I'm not sure where I'm headed next, but I do have a job interview next Wednesday. It's for a Chief of Staff position in the Capitol. There were 30 applicants and they are interviewing 14, so should be interesting. For some reason I just have complete confidence that everything is going to work out. It's much better than being frantic and freaked out about not having a full time job.

I went to Lufkin this past weekend for Father's Day. Spent some quality time at the lake with my parents, and enjoyed an outing on the barge and my daddy's cooking. I also got to meet Baby Braxton for the first time. He's still SO tiny! He's a month old and probably doesn't even weigh 8 lbs. Blake is adorable as a daddy. He was even threatening to fire Amanda as the mother because he didn't think she did a good job at burping him.

On the way back I started having some car issues. With my man car trips the last few weekends, I've had a problem with my car running hot after being on the road for more than 2 hours. My dad decided it was a leak in the heater cord and he bypassed the heater on Monday before I left for Austin. Apparently that just escalated the problem because I had to stop five times on my way back to put water in my radiator. It's at the mechanic now and they're replacing the thermostat. Hopefully that will fix the problem. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because that's the cheapest and easiest thing to fix, but we all know I'm never that lucky.

There's a lot going on in the next few weeks. I'm headed to Houston this weekend for C.A.R. South Central Regional meeting. While I'm there I'm staying with Kathryn and Noel who will hopefully find out the sex of Baby Siegling on FRIDAY! I'm headed to Lufkin for the 4th, then moving apartments on the 5th and flying to DC on the 7th for DAR Continental Congress. Then hopefully I will return to Austin with some idea as to how I'm going to pay my bills!

No comments: